Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Howdy Ya'll

To be honest, I was really disappointed I never heard a Texan say that while we were there! I didn't even hear anyone with a accent now that I think about it! But Karl and I did have a BLAST visiting Austin for his college buddy's wedding! It was our first trip without the girls since last July and it was the longest we have ever left them. Honestly, it was VERY hard for me... Once I was there I was fine but I was pretty emotional when dropping them off at Grandma and Grandpa's (even though I knew they were in excellent hands and would have a blast over the weekend!).

I made a care package for each of the girls with a gift to open for each day we were gone and a calender with the dates we were leaving and returning and what we were scheduled to do each day. My mom used to do this for me when my parents ever went away I loved looking forward to opening it and anticipating the next days gift ;)

I used to be able to fly without a second thought, now that I have two babies depending on me, I couldn't help but have all kinds of thoughts go through my head... At first I thought I was crazy but a few friends confirmed that my feeling were normal and valid ;) We had a great time celebrating Ashley and Chris' wedding and getting to spend the weekend with all of Karl's college friends and their wives, what a great group of people!


We arrived on Thursday afternoon in time to get to the hotel, unpack and head over to the rehearsal dinner. This was held at Chris and Ashley's beautiful Club House in their complex, I loved the Texas decor! And the Texas BBQ they had for dinner yum!




Friday we pretty much RELAXED all day until it was time to get ready for the wedding! It was so nice to get ready without someone pulling at my leg or being interrupted by a "situation". I had time for makeup and hair (fully dried and curled!) and all while watching what I wanted to watch on TV!! It was raining all day and I felt so bad for the Bride but I swear a hour before the ceremony there wasn't a cloud in the sky, it was warm and the sun was shining!!


The ceremony was at a beautiful Golf Course in Round Rock. About half way thru the ceremony you could see the clouds and lightning getting closer and closer but luckily the sky did not let loose until after the ceremony. As we were walking to the reception there was the most beautiful break in the clouds with the sun peeking thru, gave me chills!



Open Bar + Good Music = a great time had by all!

Saturday we slept in and then had breakfast with our friends Gabe and Gia at the Cracker Barrel. The "porch" was lined with these beautiful Rockers which, if I had a porch to put one on, I would have bought one, they were so charming!

That afternoon Karl and I headed to Austin before the others to check out the city. We stumbled upon a Art festival, which was "interesting" to put it nicely. Had a AMAZING dinner at a Gourmet Mexican Restaurant, walked to the Capital which was beautiful, then met up with the rest of the gang. A friend from work had told me about "the bats" so after a few drinks we walked down tot he bridge to see about a million bats fly out for the night.

It was amazing! Then it was off to 6th street, all I can say is CRAZY! It felt like Mardi Gras!

There are so many people they just block off the whole street which consists of bars, bars, pizza places, bars, bars and more bars! We hit a few bars but called it a early night since we were going home early the next morning. I was soooo ready to go home and see my girls!!!

There were no direct flights for us so both ways we had to fly thru Houston.

Houston we have a problem!

On our way home, we had a plane ready and waiting for us but no flight attendants so we had to wait.... until they arrived. I was beyond anxious to just get home already! We finally made it home to our Happy girls who I could tell missed us (made me feel loved and appreciated ;). They had a great time with the Grandparents and my brother Uncle Andy, who I appreciate more than they know for being so amazing with our girls! Although we had a great time and enjoyed the break and it made me realize how much I love my girls and love being their Mommy, I don't want to leave them for a good while!
My mom was so cute and took a bunch of pics of the girls over the weekend so we could see what they did, I will add those to their own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment